Listed below are vacancies in LAAT schools, and the Lincoln Diocesan Board of Education. Please see the school websites/embedded documents for more information
Please see below a link to our Privacy Notice for Prospective Staff.
Forms for Teacher Applications can be found below:
Finance Assistant – Maternity Cover Contract
37 hours per week
Start Date - 3rd December 2018
G6 Point - £21,639 to £24,658 pa.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or working towards qualification. You will have a strong customer focus and be able to provide a high quality service to our schools and the central team. You must be comfortable working with computerised accounting packages and have sound Excel skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
Previous experience within an education setting would be advantageous. Whilst the role is based in Lincoln, you will be required to travel to our schools within the county.
Should you wish to discuss this post further you are more than welcome to contact Kerrie Byers, Finance Manager on 01522 504014 or visit www.thelaat.co.uk
Completed applications should be sent to Laura Lowe, HR Business Partner. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7th November 2018
Interview date: 14th November 2018
WHAPLODE, WESTON ST MARY & EDENHAM PRIMARY SCHOOLS – SITE MANAGER VACANCY
Would you like to be part of a team who aim to inspire and encourage our children to believe in their ability to succeed through learning?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated part time Site Manager to join our popular village schools (Whaplode CofE Primary School, Weston St Mary CofE Primary Schools & Edenham (CofE) Primary School) during October/November 2018. The appointment would be for 37 hours per week and would be considered permanent, subject the relevant probationary periods.
Whaplode, Weston St Mary & Edenham Primary Schools are part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT); therefore, the role would be an employee of the LAAT and could be employed across more schools. The salary would be reflective of the role at Scale Point 23 (£21,693 FTE) and the number of weeks worked per year would be 41 + paid holiday.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are self-motivated and show initiative.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Can remain focused in a busy environment
- Will be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Maintain the security of the premises and its contents, including the operation of fire and burglar alarms.
- Be a trustworthy key holder responsible for the open and close of the site.
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the premises.
- To assist with inspection of the heating plant on a daily basis, carry out minor maintenance and report other defects.
- Provide routine development and maintenance i.e. minor decoration, repairs and those tasks which would not normally require the services of an outside contractor.
- Attend to the heating and lighting of the premises and maintain the required equipment.
- Be available to attend the school in cases of emergency outside the working week e.g. intruders, fire, weather damage.
- To sweep all external hard surface areas, remove weeds from between slabs and at edge of building, clear leaves and litter from drain covers and disinfect drains.
- To clear paths of snow and spread salt as required for the health and safety of pupils and staff
- To receive deliveries and carry out porterage duties in any area of the site to include removal or rearrangement of furniture within the school.
- To provide handyperson duties and to report defects of the fabric of the building.
- To remove litter from all areas within the school grounds and within the premises.
- To clear any blockage, spillage or other hazard arising during the course of the school day.
- If necessary to attend out of normal working hours any emergency situation which may arise.
- To attend evening lettings when required.
- Liaise with outside agencies/ contractors as necessary to carry out additional work.
- Work effectively with the Academy to ensure services, resources and equipment represents value for money within the school’s budgetary parameters.
- To have responsibility for the day to day management of health and safety within the school.
- To carry out fire and health and safety risk assessments.
- To take measures to minimize the possibility of arson and to reduce the opportunity to start fires.
- To carry out weekly fire alarms checks and to regularly check fire extinguishers.
- To carry out weekly and monthly emergency lighting checks.
- To manage security systems and liaise with the overnight security provider and ensure the effective working of the alarm systems.
- To liaise with the relevant contractors when necessary and ensure that they are aware of the school’s Health and safety requirements.
- In return, we can offer you an excellent training package with many opportunities to develop your career:
- Develop your skills and contribute to the on-going development of our successful academy
- Join a very professional and able staff team
Visits to any of the schools are more than welcome and are encouraged.
Closing date – Friday, 2nd November 2018
Short listing will take place before Friday, 9th November 2018
Interviews to be conducted on or about the Friday, 16th November 2018
Application forms and supporting documents can be downloaded from the school’s websites at either http://www.whaplodeprimary.co.uk/office/vacancy.html or http://www.weston-st-mary.co.uk
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce, which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Canon Peter Hall CE Primary School has an exciting opportunity to appoint a TA3 in Upper KS2 to support teaching and learning in year 6, in the first instance.
The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated and supportive team where you are valued for your contribution to making a difference to the lifelong chances of children in our school.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Wilson (Administrator – school office) on 01469 510300
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 14th November 12 Noon
Shortlisting Thursday 15th November 2018
Interviews will be held Monday 19th November 2018 – dates to be confirmed